Win That Bid today attended the Sharq Crossing Qatar Industry Day today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJHGtfPTvSM
- This stunning iconic structure comprising three bridges connecting the airport in the south to the city and the cultural areas in the north will be the symbol of Qatar, much like California’s Golden Gate Bridge.
- The bridges will provide access for car users and will transport pedestrians by foot or cable car over the top. There will be an immersed tunnel and underwater marine interchange allowing boats overhead to pass.
- From the city West Bay Bridge will be a tied arch 700m long. It will be the largest tied arch in the world. Cultural City Bridge is a multi-span cable stayed bridge of 13010m and Sharq Bridge providing access to and from the airport will be a tubular haunched structure of 600m.
The event was well attended by the construction industry from throughout the world. Ashghal’s presentation made up of themselves, Fluor (PMC) and Calatrava (architects) was outstanding, the content of which can shortly be found on Ashghal’s website.
In terms of contracts, they have been divided into 9 parcels:
- 2 x enabling works (land and marine)
- 3 x each bridge
- immersed tunnel and marine interchange
- surface street modifications
- systems integrations
- operations and maintenance
Expressions of Interest are being registered now, to apply go to the Ashghal Public Works Authority’s website: http://www.ashghal.gov.qa/en/Pages/default.aspx
This super structure is without a doubt the most exciting project in the world right now.