Wondering how to go about winning bids and tenders? Writing first-class bids isn’t an exact science – but at Win That Bid, we’ve got the expertise to help you secure your dream contracts with ease.
Top Ten Tips for Winning Tenders
1. Be thorough: answer every question in the bid document – missing out a couple of vital questions can lose you the entire bid.
2. Know your marketplace (competitors & pricing): spend time researching your competitors and understand their pricing prior to the bid writing process.
3. Appeal to your reader: offer persuasive, benefit-led responses and think about the customer – what’s important to them? What are they looking for in their supplier? Don’t simply provide a list of features – if you want to win tenders, take your responses one step further and state the benefits.
4. Have a model: build a library of standard PQQ and tender responses – save documents such as insurance certificates, policies and yearly accounts in one place that is easily accessible by others in the company.
5. Outdo yourself: don’t leave your tender until the last minute – make sure that you have dedicated ample time and resources to produce the best possible result. If you can’t submit your best effort for this bid, why you are submitting at all?
6. Be decisive: make a conscious decision to bid – if you are tendering ‘just because’, this is not the recipe for a winning bid.
7. Discriminate: can you deliver this tender? Do you want to win this bid? If you win, what will happen to your other contracts? Make sure you’re bidding for business you really want.
8. Understand the bid requirements – and adhere to them.
9. Know your audience: read the bid evaluation criteria – what’s most important to the customer?
10. Be proactive: engage with the customer – being invited to bid is a compliment, and likely to put your submission in a stronger position than a cold response.
Need some help winning that dream contract?